The laser cutting procedure has gained special importance and it has become one of the favourite production methods among small entrepreneurs. Thanks to this method, a very large number of objects can be made, but one of the most popular and often created products are toys.
By using laser cutting technology, you can easily create toy trains, airplanes, cars, 3D puzzles and many other complex and amazing toys that will immediately catch the attention of the little ones.
What are the steps you need to follow to create a toy?
If you want to create fun and creative toys, it is necessary to use the best materials and one of the most often used is plywood. Also, several steps will have to be followed to create them:
- Creating the design
Developing a sketch that can be used to create the toy is the first and one of the most important steps. To achieve this you have two alternatives:
- You can create an original sketch yourself, exactly as you want;
- You can download and use a project from specialized websites on the Internet.
- Whichever of these two options you choose, it is important that the final size of the parts that will make up the toy does not exceed the working space of the laser cutting machine.
In order to produce a toy by laser cutting, it will be necessary to optimize and establish the parameters.
- Material: 3 mm plywood
- Laser head: standard head
- Cutting speed: 40 mm/s – a higher speed is recommended because the cutting will be done without burn marks on the edge and it will be smooth.
- Cutting power: 60 -100 W – a more powerful device is recommended for cutting plywood, but one with less power can be used to cut in multiple phases.
Air assistance – it is recommended to use it, because it will help you in the cutting process, blowing the cut material away from the focus lens and the cut place, thus increasing the speed and reducing the local temperature.
After the parts have been made, you can assemble them and create the toys. Most of the time they are designed so that they have joint grooves included to help fixing, but it is recommended to use a little glue to make sure that the parts will not come apart.
The last step consists in customizing the toy from a chromatic point of view. You can choose to paint it in any color you want or you can leave it as it is and it will definitely catch the little ones’ interest. You can also engrave certain pieces with different signs, numbers or letters to personalize it even more.
Now that it’s ready all you have to do is enjoy it. Toys are some of the most creative and fun things you can make with laser cutting. Both the little ones and the older ones can enjoy them, they are an excellent way not only to play, but also to decorate your personal working desk.