Plywood laser cutting is a precise and efficient method, used more and more intensively these days. The technique is based on the use of a powerful laser beam that can cut the material. It is mainly used in the fields related to the production of furniture, interior decorations and the production of cars.
Perhaps the greatest advantage of this cutting technique is its precision. This is because the laser can cut the material with a precision of up to 0.1 mm. Thus, clear, clean lines and precise shapes can be obtained. Laser cutting can be programmed to cut the material into more complex shapes such as letters or geometric patterns.
Another advantage of cutting plywood with a laser is speed. Compared to other cutting methods, laser cutting can penetrate the material at a much higher speed. Finally, laser cutting technology can be used to cut plywood with different thicknesses, from the thinnest to the thickest.
On the other hand, we can also notice the disadvantages of plywood laser cutting. Laser cutting can generate smoke and dust, and these can be harmful to human health. A ventilation system may be needed in the location where this activity takes place.
What other advantages does plywood laser cutting have?
The numerous advantages make this process often used in many industries and activities. Here are other reasons why the technique is so popular and appreciated today.
- Execution precision up to 0.1 mm
- High wood cutting speed
- Laser cutting works on different types of plywood
- Automatic control with laser cutting programming
- Efficiency (can help reduce costs)
- Low power consumption.
What is plywood laser cutting used for?
This method has many usages. Here are some of them.
In the production of furniture – it allows the precise cutting of various shapes and models in the plywood used to obtain tables, chairs, cabinets and others.
- For interior decorations – precisely cut decorative shapes and models (decorative tiles, panels, paintings and others)
- In the production of cars – plywood for bodies, interior parts of cars and others.
- In advertising – billboards, light signs, etc.
- For the packaging industry – in obtaining protective and design boxes.
To conclude, we can say that cutting plywood with the help of a laser comes with a lot of advantages, accelerating production efficiency and refining cutting precision.